Re: [exim] Automatic black list

Página Inicial
Autor: Richard Clayton
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Automatic black list
In message <000801c692ae$111743e0$6b01a8c0@keithlaptop>, Keith Martin
<Keith.Martin@???> writes

>Should another email come in that matches anything on the current black
>list, then it is blocked and the details (IP etc, as above) added to the top
>of the list (the details are added as a new record as maybe some part has
>changed - this allows the list to adapt to variations in the spam attempt)

If any of your email comes via ISP "smarthosts" then your heuristic will
(unwisely) block further legitimate email that happens to traverse the
same smarthost...

... in the general case, this is undesirable. You may be able to live
with it -- because of the type of email you receive -- but others may
well not :(

>There may be a
>solution out there that already does this, I just can't seem to find one...

... perhaps that's why :)

- --
richard                                                   Richard Clayton

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov 1755