Re: [exim] 551 User not local; please try <forward-path>

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] 551 User not local; please try <forward-path>
On Saturday 17 June 2006 18:25, Robert Millan took the opportunity to write:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to setup ~/.forward to generate this code on all delivery
> attempts:
>
> 551 User not local; please try <forward-path>
>
> (551 is described in RFC 2821, 3.4)
>
> I tried using the exim scripting language for ~/.forward, and crafted this:
>
> # Exim filter
> fail "551: User not local; please try <forward-path>"
> finish
>
> However, this generates an MDN which is not really what I want. If I
> understood correctly, ~/.forward parsing happens before delivery, so we're
> still in time to send this 551 code to the originator MTA.

~/.forward is normally not evaluated before the actual delivery; in the
default configuration no_verify is set on the userforward router because Exim
runs as its own user when processing the ACLs and therefore can't count on
having access to individual users' files. You can change that of course.

> Is there any way to generate the 551 code I need?

Unfortunately you can't tell Exim to return arbitrary status codes yet. It's
entry 311 on the Exim 4 wishlist.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)