Re: [exim] Variables

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jakob Hirsch
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Stefan Klatt
Kopio: exim-users@exim.org
Aihe: Re: [exim] Variables
Quoting Stefan Klatt:

>>> - main variables like qualify_domain
>>> - integer variables like max_rcpt
>>> how can i set them with ldap queries?
>> looking at the spec, I'd say you can't, because they are not expanded.
> Both? where is this information?

>From spec.txt:

|qualify_domain|Use: main|Type: string|Default: see below|

Expanded options have a asterisk suffix on the type, e.g.

|received_header_text|Use: main|Type: string*|Default: see below|

> And why?

I cannot read Phil's mind (yet :), but I'd guess he thought it's not
needed, so the performance hit is saved.

> exim use qualify_domain for sending error emails. If i don't set
> it it use the domainpart of the hostname.

So what? That's quite common and usually . Mails servers often handle
thousands of domains, and while mailer-daemon@???
could/should be a valid address, mailer-daemon@??? is
usually not. And I don't think it's correct to send mail from an address
that does not belong to oneself. Anyway, the envelope sender of bounces
is empty, so the From header address is mostly an optical thing.

> Is there any other way to set the senderadress of an error email with an
> query?

Don't think so.