Re: [exim] A (stupid) question on MX

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] A (stupid) question on MX
* On 16/06/06 15:49 +0100, John Burnham wrote:
| > Hi John,
| >
| > That still does not sound clear to me. The no_verify in the
| > router, according to my understanding, directs that this
| > router, if used, should not be used in any address
| > verification. The no_more, afaicu, means that no more routers
| > should be tried for +sqlserve_domains if this particular one fails.
| >
| > I just need to know why there is "verification" still happening..
| >
| Ok, as I asked, do you have recipient verification enabled ? If so, then exim
| will try to verify the recipient by going through the routers. Ok ?

Ok ;)

| Now, the router you showed handles those domains, but you've instructed exim
| not use it when it verifies addresses. In which case it will be bypassed when
| you verify the address and the verification process will continue onwards
| through your routers (I don't know what the rest of your routers look like).

Yayi! So my understanding was wrong.

| One of those will probably trigger the message you are seeing in the log.
| So, either disable recipient verification for that domain, or set up a
| verify_only router for the domain or something like that.
| Do you see my line of reasoning here ?

I see the line of reasoning, but again, I still suspect that the
verification is being triggered by this rule:

 accept domains  = +sqlserve_domains
    endpass
        verify   = recipient

| Of course, if you don't have recipient verification enabled then my theory is
| complete gibberish :)

Not quite, if you factor in the above suspicion..
Having disabled that rule, the message is now gone. However, I still
want to verify the recipient somehow, before accepting the mail. I think
I am going for "recipient callout". Now heading back to spec.txt..

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                    . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash () WANANCHI ! com            . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223            . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121            . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post