Re: [exim] A (stupid) question on MX

Autor: John Burnham
A: Odhiambo G. Washington, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] A (stupid) question on MX
> Hi John,
>
> That still does not sound clear to me. The no_verify in the
> router, according to my understanding, directs that this
> router, if used, should not be used in any address
> verification. The no_more, afaicu, means that no more routers
> should be tried for +sqlserve_domains if this particular one fails.
>
> I just need to know why there is "verification" still happening..

Ok, as I asked, do you have recipient verification enabled ? If so, then exim
will try to verify the recipient by going through the routers. Ok ? Now, the
router you showed handles those domains, but you've instructed exim not use it
when it verifies addresses. In which case it will be bypassed when you verify
the address and the verification process will continue onwards through your
routers (I don't know what the rest of your routers look like). One of those
will probably trigger the message you are seeing in the log. So, either disable
recipient verification for that domain, or set up a verify_only router for the
domain or something like that. Do you see my line of reasoning here ?
Of course, if you don't have recipient verification enabled then my theory is
complete gibberish :)
John