Re: [exim] Deprecated pam_stack module called from service "…

Autor: Chris Lightfoot
A: Timo Neuvonen
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Deprecated pam_stack module called from service "exim"
On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 09:48:50AM +0300, Timo Neuvonen wrote:
> > which pam modules is saslauthd configured to use (probably
> > in /etc/pam.d/sasl*)?
> >

> /etc/pam.d/exim:
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

> I know hardly anything about authentication... but as a reference, there are
> also these (and many other) files in the /etc/pam.d directory:
>
> /etc/pam.d/passwd:
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       include      system-auth
> account    include      system-auth
> password   include      system-auth

> /etc/pam.d/dovecot:
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       required     pam_nologin.so
> auth       include      system-auth
> account    include      system-auth
> session    include      system-auth

> Both of these belong to the standard FC5 distribution. At least these two
> examples don't contain 'pam_stack' that is mentioned in the warning that
> gets into the system log after exim's authentication. Is is only a matter of
> editing /etc/pam.d/exim to something similar in the examples above, or must
> it be something specific that exim really can work with?

I think you can just replace the pam_stack.so references
with include, actually -- the functionality should be the
same. But test it first, rather than just believing me ;-)

--
``Arnie is now governor of California -- it is really a shame that this kind of
scenario can't be simulated or something, instead of actually having to do it