[exim] Quick question regarding ACL's (regarding Tony Finch'…

Autor: Gareth Hastings
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Quick question regarding ACL's (regarding Tony Finch's paper on Exim config @ Cambridge Uni)
Hi Tony/List,

I was reading your paper on the Exim config for Cambridge University and
trying to learn a bit more and I have a quick question:

Ref:
http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~fanf2/hermes/doc/talks/2005-02-eximconf/
paper.html#3.7.%20Anti-spam%20measures

On line/part 0519 which is regard the acl_conn_mx ACL you have

warn set ACL_DELAY = 0s

which I assume is to initialize the variable? This is fine, the next ACL
however doesn't do this. It's the acl_helo_mx ACL!

Would this mean that if someone failed one of the checks in first ACL
the ACL_DELAY variable would still be set at 5 seconds and if the sender
passed the next ACL they'd still be delayed by another 5 seconds because
the variable would still be set to 5?

Thanks

Gareth