[exim] alias file syntax check

Author: Chris Lightfoot
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] alias file syntax check
I would like to check the syntax of an alias file (as read
by the redirect router) in a script, before replacing the
live alias file which exim reads. I can't see an easy way
to call exim to do this -- should I give up and just do a
simple syntax check within my script, or have I missed
something?

(Actually that's not quite true -- I can imagine pointing
exim at the appropriate directory of alias files in an
alternate configuration, then grinding over all of the
alias files calling exim -bt on the relevant address, and
checking that it thinks each address is deliverable. But
that's a bit too much effort....)

--
I believe the apparent legitimacy [of the curve] is enhanced by the fact
that I used a complicated computer program to make the fit. I understand