Re: [exim] make exim work for 2 domains

Autor: Kristine H
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] make exim work for 2 domains
>The problem is that it's not always possible to choose a domain
>unambigously.
>For example, if several messages are queued for one remote host they will
>be
>sent over the same connection even if they are associated with more than
>one
>of your local domains.
>
>For that reason it's probably better to use a "neutral" interface and
>hostname
>to send from.

I see ... neutral interface is an option (status quo option) but is it a
common practice ?
I'm using PHP+phpsuexec+apache+exim, thus when a user sends mail from apache
I know their username. Since there are 2 domains, there are two usernames.
Maybe I can set up two exim daemons, each for each IP-domain. But then I'll
need two apaches, two PHPs, two exims running on one machine and that could
be a problem. Right now Cpanel has all these programs managed. I'll need
to "get in there", remove Cpanel's stuff and install my own. I guess it's
not a problem if that's the only way to do it. Though it does seem to be
overkill and unnecessary.