Re: [exim] Bypass Sender Verification

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bypass Sender Verification
John Burnham wrote:

>>Not sure where it is at, here is my check_recipient
>

> <snip lots of stuff>
>

>> require verify = sender
>

> That line. Add a condition on the next line that excludes the badly configured
> server that is trying to send you mail. How you do that is up to you, but I'd
> advise doing it on a host level (see my previous email).
> John

Longer-term, you might also try it this way (correct the newline
in the last phrase, where my MUA would line-wrap):

warn
   verify      = sender/callout
   log_message = Unverified sender at $sender_verify_failure \
                 for $sender_address

Then, after a few hours or days:

$ grep 'Unverified sender' /var/log/exim/mainlog

- and take note of how many false-positives you may be
experiencing with a 'hard' "require verify = sender"

Few correspondent mx will go all the way, some won't respond at all.

YMMV

Bill Hacker