Re: [exim] Autoreply transport option *BUMP*

Author: Derrick MacPherson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Autoreply transport option *BUMP*
On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 10:07 -0700, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone?
> >
> > Repeatedly asking the same question is not going to make us more likely to
> > help you.
>
> The impact of this not working is enough to make me follow up, if it
> wasn't directly effecting people in a negative way I'd let it slide.
>
> > > I've got aliases not being processed by the vacation autoreply, my guess
> > > is that it's looking for a .vacation.msg in the directory of the alias,
> > > and not the real account.
> >
> > I can't see anything wrong with your configuration. Perhaps you should try
> > running in debugging mode and find out where Exim's behaviour is diverging
> > from what you expect.
>
> I have, and that's where I based that guess upon, I can send a debug
> output to the list, as you know there is a lot of data and was wanting
> to save the list from seeing all that. I'll at least go back and
> generate a debug and put it online somewhere and email the link out.

Debug output:
www.vfs.com/~dmacpher/exim.debug

the line I see:
expanded file: /home/kyletest1/.vacation.msg

Is the problem I believe

It should be finding /home/kyletest/.vacation.msg.

Right now the config file I've changed the lookup:

From:
require_files                = /home/${local_part}/.vacation.msg

To:
require_files         = /home/${original_local_part}/.vacation.msg

I have been trying a bunch of different options I've seen on the string
expansion section of the manual

--
Derrick MacPherson <dmacpherson@???>