[exim] Mail from one domain gets send by a different domain …

Autor: Kristine H
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Mail from one domain gets send by a different domain on same server
Using Exim version 4.52 #1 built 28-Jul-2005 08:14:52
on, I believe, Redhat 9.0.
Using Cpanel-configured /etc/exim.conf file.

Here's the issue:
* I have domain1.com and domain2.com on the same server.
* When I send mail from domain1.com all is fine, as domain1 is the primary
domain with a primary IP address.
* When I send mail from domain2.com, domain1.com sends the mail, when
instead domain2.com should send. I want to have domain2 in the headers.

* In a word, I get this receive line in emails:
In fact, some emails don't even go through to certain mail servers because
of this mismatch. (they get rejected and bounced back).

* All mail is sent by primary domain and as such the server identifies
itself as EHLO domain1.com, even when mail is sent from domain2.com.

here's how I tried to solve it. Someone suggested to run two daemons and
use local_interfaces and interface commands to bind to correct IP addresses.
This worked, but temporarily. The bad things were:
* I had to specify the correct exim.conf file to use every time.
* some programs, like PHP would only send mail with the default exim.conf
file, which was still the primary IP address. When I tried to have PHP use
-C /different/exim.conf, I ran into setuid issues.
* I couldn't solve setuid issues yet. Even if I could I may have to set up
two different PHPs and perhaps different Apaches to work with each site.
But I'd rather see if there is a way to do this with one daemon and one
exim.conf file. I've been searching and reading some of the seemingly
cryptic exim documentation, but so far can't seem to figure this out.

Is there such a way ?

thanks,
Krissy