Re: [exim] VERP (working) example requested

Autor: David Favor
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] VERP (working) example requested
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, David Favor wrote:
>> This is incomplete. I've looked for hours trying to find the answer
>> to a "complete" version, have given up and am posting.
>
> You want to do the funky stuff in a router rather than the transport. Use
> the errors_to option to do the VERP, and you can use local_part_suffix to
> implement your recipient address modification. Your header modifications
> are redundant - deliver-to, return-path, and errors-to are added by the
> final delivery agent (though only return-path is standard). Something
> like:
>
> funky:
> driver = accept
> local_part_suffix = -request
> senders = *-request@+local_domains
> errors_to = $sender_address_local_part=$local_part%$domain@$sender_address_domain
> transport = funky_smtp
>
> If you don't have a fixed destination host, change it into a dnslookup
> router.
>
> Tony.

What's odd is no matter what I do the 'envelope to' info when running
'exim -bt -d foo-request@???' never changes. This was very confusing
as the actual delivered mail actually does change 'Deliver-To:'.

This sort of works. The errors_to in the router never sets the field, so
I added it to the transport.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to do something like:

    if ($the_original_local_part =~ /*-request@*/) {
       return_address = $local_part%$domain@$sender_address_domain
       return_path    = $return_address
       headers_add    = "Errors-To: $return_address"
    }

This is required so only recipients containing '*-request@???'
have their Return-Path and Errors-To munged to the VERP address.

Suggestions?

# router

verp_dnslookup:
driver = dnslookup
local_part_suffix = -request
#local_part_suffix_optional
#errors_to = $local_part%$domain@$sender_address_domain
debug_print = " local_part = $local_part"
transport = remote_smtp
no_more

# transport

remote_smtp:
   driver   = smtp
   max_rcpt = 1
   return_path    = $local_part%$domain@$sender_address_domain
   headers_remove = "To:Errors-To:"
   headers_add    = "To: $local_part@$domain\n\

--
Can you feel like $1,000,000 all day, every day? Yes you can!
Your simple secrets are here - http://RadicalHealth.com/peak