Re: [exim] The Future of Email is SQL

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John W. Baxter
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] The Future of Email is SQL
On 6/9/06 1:07 PM, "Marc Perkel" <marc@???> wrote:

> After considerable experimenting and thinking things through I thought
> I'd start a thread on the future of email to start planting the seeds of
> where MTA development needs to go. I'm convinced that someday soon we
> will all realize that MBOX and MAILDIR are obsolete technologies and
> that the future is going to be SQL based storage.

> Thoughts ..... ?

I agree that *a* future is SQL-based storage. It may even be our somewhat
near-term future. I doubt that it is *the* future.

One possible precondition might be IMAP clients and servers which actually
implement the protocol rather than something like the protocol.

--John