Re: [exim] Forwarders & :fail:

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Christian Schmidt
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Forwarders & :fail:
Hello altendew,

altendew, 09.06.2006 (d.m.y):

> If an e-mail account does not exist on my server I want it to bounce.

No. You dont't want your server to accept it at all.

> It is currently doing this as I have it set to ":fail: no such address
> here".

Recipient verfication is the better solution.

> We also have a variety of e-mail address like so,
> pay@???, paypal@???, notify@???
>
> We do not want to make an account for each of these, we would rather each of
> these accounts forward to our main account.

Use aliases.

[..]
> How can I have mail going to pay@???, paypal@???,
> notify@??? be transferred to another account,

Edit /ect/aliases or whichever file your exim uses as aliases file.

> and have it bounce users that do not exist?

Use verify = recipient in your RCPT_TO ACL.

> Is this combination valid?

There'll surely be thousands of SMTP servers running with a
configuration like this.

Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
Jeder hat seinen Alkohol. Ich finde genügend Alkohol im Existieren.
        -- Fernando Pessoa