Re: [exim] Deleting outbound mail from 1 user

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Deleting outbound mail from 1 user
On 6/8/06 10:31 AM, "Aaron Crosman" <ACrosman@???> wrote:

> We're testing a mailing list package, and I've been asked to temporarily
> delete all the messages from the list. Basically they would like exim
> to tell them everything worked, and then pipe the email to /dev/null
> instead of actually sending it.
>
> Is there a way to get exim to do this? I've been looking over the
> documentation, and I figured it out for inbound mail, but not outbound.
> Suggestions on how to do this, or where to look are much appreciated.

Inbound vs outbound is in the eye of the beholder.

You're interested in routing to :blackhole: for the sender after SMTP time
(ie, in a special router). If the list folks are testing with the mailing
list doing VERP, you need to take that into account in crafting the router.

--John