Re: [exim] Feature Request - Exim needs more MySQL Support

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Feature Request - Exim needs more MySQL Support
On Thursday 08 June 2006 02:50, Marc Perkel took the opportunity to write:
> I may be missing something by MySQL support in Exim seems to be limited
> to lookups rather than just the ability to randomly run any MySQL
> command I want. It also seems to lack MySQL support in the filter language.
>
> I'm in the process of trying to do some really kool stuff and fighting
> the Exim syntax to get anything done. However - I might be missing
> something as I often do.

As has already been pointed out, you can run SQL queries anywhere you can do
string expansion, including in filters (unless forbid_filter_lookup is set).
The ability to run SQL queries in a more explicit manner may still be useful,
and it has been discussed before, too.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)