Re: [exim] Retry problems.

Author: David Woodhouse
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry problems.
On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 09:27 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> My mind is currently focussed on non-Exim things (new PCRE release) but
> I've taken a very quick look at your debug output. *My* guess is that
> once the "expired" bit has got set, it can't get unset, so changing the
> retry rules such that it should no longer be expired won't work. Maybe
> "expired" shouldn't be a remembered bit, but should be re-calculated
> each time. I've made a note to think about this, but it won't be for
> some time.

Maybe -- although I believe I did change the retry rules _before_ the
original expiry time was reached, because we _knew_ the primary MX was
going to be absent for a few more days. So the 'expired' bit shouldn't
have been set, should it? But then we lost all the mail anyway :)

There exists a strong possibility that I screwed up the format of the
retry rules though, so maybe your above hypothesis is correct. I think I
put the rule for this domain _after_ the '*' rule, as follows:

*@*infradead.org       *           F,2h,15m; F,24h,1h; F,30d,4h
*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h
cardolan.com           *           F,2h,15m; F,24h,1h; F,30d,4h

--
dwmw2