Re: [exim] Client SMTP keepalive methods?

Author: Chris Lightfoot
To: exim-users
CC: Chris Blaise
Subject: Re: [exim] Client SMTP keepalive methods?
On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 05:48:58PM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Chris Blaise wrote:

    [...]

> >     Or is there a recommended practice for dealing with this issue that
> > doesn't involve accepting the message and scanning later?

> Ensure that your scanning is fast.

you could consider scanning the message and saving a hash
of its contents and the results of the scan. Then if the
client times out and attempts redelivery later you could
give an immediate response. Not sure what the easiest way
to implement that would be -- I'd be tempted to do it in
the content scanner rather than in Exim, but it's probably
practical using acls and MySQL or Postgres.

--
``... food you can read by, which is called `flambé'.''
(Clement Freud, from `Freud Ego')