Re: [exim] e-mail problems on linux using exim

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] e-mail problems on linux using exim
On 06/06/06, Chris Meadors <exim@???> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 07:58 -0700, altendew wrote:
> > So would blackhole be better on terms of stress on our server?
>
> :fail: will put the least stress on your server (and your users, as
> mistyped addresses will get an error, not just disappear). :fail: will
> cause the RCPT command to fail rather than your server accepting the
> full e-mail, and then delivering it to /dev/null.

Mostly true, providing that the redirect router which is eating the
':fail:' is in the recipient verification chain, and that there's
recipient verification going on at all.

The OP isn't in direct control of his config (cPanel), so we've been
unable to check this with him.

If either assertion is false, then he's back to accept-then-bounce,
which is what his original problem was....

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???