Re: [exim] SMTP AUTH using pwcheck in exim

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP AUTH using pwcheck in exim
Hi,

Lekshmi A R <lekshmiar@???> (Mo 05 Jun 2006 12:04:08 CEST):
> Hi,
>     I have enabled SMTP AUTH in my mail server running with exim.4.62
>     on Linux. While trying to send mail from client through InterScan
>     Messaging Secirity Suite (IMSS) from TrendMicro to the mail

>     connecting to the mail server through, PIX Firewall, it is not

I'd guess that you have at least one semi intelligent firewall (hint:
the PIX) that intercepts the SMTP protocoll. You can check it by
telnetting from yor client *through* the firewalls to the SMTP port on
your server: If you see something like:

    220 ******* SMTP *****

it's most likely it's your firewall. In this case you have to
find/change the SMTP related settings in the IMSS and/or PIX.

Other possibility: The authentication offered by your Exim depends on
some condition (like TLS, originating network, ...).

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -