Re: [exim] Controlling the number of deliveries

Autor: Chris Lightfoot
A: Andrew Johnson
CC: exim-users, 'Steve Sargent'
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Controlling the number of deliveries
On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 06:04:22PM +0100, Andrew Johnson wrote:
> One alternative is a cron job that runs every minute instead of a queue
> runner.
>
> Something to the effect of :-
>
> for i in `exiqgrep -i | head -n 100`
> do
> exim -M $i
> done
>
> This will process the oldest 100 emails in the queue.

but beware that such cron jobs can start to pile up if
they take more than a minute to run....

--
``There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy
to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know