Re: [exim] Controlling the number of deliveries

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Controlling the number of deliveries
On 6/1/06 9:48 AM, "John Hall" <j@???> wrote:

> On 6/1/06, Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:
>
>>> We have a requirement to build a large queue of messages using the
>>> queue_only option and then have them released in small batches by a
>>> number of subsequent queue runners.
>>
>> exim -bp | sed '/^    /d;/^$/d;s/^.\{10\}\(.\{17\}\).*/\1/' | head -50 |
>> xargs exim -M

> Surely
>
>     exiqgrep -i | head -50 | xargs exim -M

> is slightly nicer (or am I missing something?)

New tools are often forgotten. ;-(

For either solution, consider a queue whose oldest entries provide 50 lines
worth of deferred and presently not-deliverable message ids.

I think we don't get beyond that for some period of time (until messages do
deliver or time out).

With the exiqgrep solution, it might help to alternate exiqgrep -I and
exiqgrep -iR

A -x on the exiqgrep might also help for some queues.

--John (whose Exim queues don't develop such a situation)