Re: [exim] Multiple recipients per message vs. individual sp…

Autor: Yves Goergen
A: Peter Bowyer
CC: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Multiple recipients per message vs. individual spamscanning
On 31.05.2006 11:39 (+0100), Peter Bowyer wrote:
> There's a well-documented method of restricting recipients to 1, or
> more cleverly, to 1 'class' - ie you don't mind multiple recipients if
> they all need the same processing. As soon as you see a subsequent
> recipient of a different class from the first, you defer it.
>
> http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/ExiscanExamples - the whole page is worth
> a read, the specific examples are down the bottom.

Thanks for that link. I went the way to limit the number of recipients
per message to one. But I'm not sure if that's actually effective, I
went to Gmail and sent a message to two of my local addresses and both
arrived immediately.

Also I want to turn off spam scanning for messages from my local users.
That makes no sense and because local authenticated users (SMTP AUTH)
can send mails to multiple recipients anyway scanning for a specific
profile wouldn't work. I thought I just put it like that:

  warn    condition     = ${lookup mysql{MY_QUERY}{$value}}
          authenticated = :
          message       = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
          spam          = nobody:true

But this effects that no message will be scanned. Seems like Gmail was
able to authenticate with my SMTP server. How can that be? Or what does
that "authenticated = *" in the default RCPT ACL mean? Isn't it about
letting SMTP AUTH users in and others not?

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>
http://beta.unclassified.de – My web laboratory.