Re: [exim] Capturing Bad HELO

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Capturing Bad HELO
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 09:01:03PM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> I tried helo_accept_junk_hosts to accept it all and then when I do verify =
> helo it checks it too strictly and I get a ton of false positives. I'm
> trying to make an ACL capture bad helo using the less strict testing.

Use acl_smtp_helo, then reference $smtp_command_argument in the ACL
conditions. e.g.

    # "HELO (your IP address)"
    deny condition = ${if eq {$smtp_command_argument}{$interface_address} {yes}{no}}
         logwrite = :main,reject: $sender_host_address - HELO $smtp_command_argument rejected (my IP address)

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet

PGP key: http://powernet.co.uk/~davide/pgpkey