Re: [exim] can mail be sent by dropping mail files into exim…

Autor: Zbigniew Szalbot
A: Chris Lightfoot, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] can mail be sent by dropping mail files into exim queue
Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for your answer!

On 26 May 2006 at 16:00, Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> You can (I presume) do this; the format is documented in
> the spec, e.g. here,
>     http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/ch52.html I
> think that to do this safely you need to write the -D file, then write
> the -H file under a temporary name and then rename it to its final
> name, but I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

> However, this sounds like a *really dumb* idea. Instead
> why not write the trivial program (even in PHP) to pick up
> files your script is already writing, and then submit them
> to Exim using SMTP. That way lies less scope for error and
> less pain and embarrassment if/when the format changes or
> you change MTA.

Any chance you can point me to a documentation how this should be done. I have no
problem about using SMTP but it could not be done with Mercury so that's why I assumed it
would have to be the same process. I will appreciate further comments.

Thank you very much indeed!

Zbyszek