Re: [exim] local_scan expand_string

Autor: Roland Roberts
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] local_scan expand_string

    Tony> $domain is a per-recipient variable, so it is not set when
    Tony> there are no recipients (outside a mail transaction or in the
    Tony> MAIL ACL) or when there are multiple recipients (in the pre or
    Tony> post DATA ACLs and in the local_scan function and at transport
    Tony> time).

This is what I suspected. I had, in fact, changed the setting of
SAspamcuser to just $domain as a quick-and-dirty diagnostic and noted
that it was expanding to an empty string, too.

    Tony> What you need is some way of turning the list of recipients
    Tony> into a local user under which to run SpamAssassin. This is
    Tony> usually not easy. One way is to add a check to your recipient
    Tony> ACL to defer later recipients that have different filtering
    Tony> requirements from earlier recipients. I don't know how safe
    Tony> this is in practice.

Yes, I was considering walking the recipient list to extract domains. I
suspect that in practice, for my client, that there will be only one
recipient. Except of course, every now and then, there will be more
than one and that will create a problem....

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@???                            6818 Madeline Court