Re: [exim] exim + openldap + hubbed domain + virtual domain

Autor: Pat Hastings
A: 'Jason Michaelson', exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim + openldap + hubbed domain + virtual domain
We have just done a very similar thing.

We used the authlib.schema from courier as our base schema slightly
modifying it to add fields such as forward to hold the user's forwarding
information.

Some good examples are:

http://www.bastard.net/~kos/mailrouter/
http://wanderingbarque.com/howtos/mailserver/mailserver.html

Both offer different ways of doing it but should give you a good idea
for designing your schema.

For us we created an organization called email and underneath that we
created an organization for each domain.

Eg:     o=domain1.example,o=email,dc=myhosting,dc=example
     o=domain2.example,o=email,dc=myhosting,dc=example

we the abused the postal code field of organization to hold the ip
address of the server email should be forwarded on to. To make sure that
only email for valid users was passed on we then set up a
courierMailAccount entry for each user in the ldap.

Eg:
mail=me@???,o=domain1.example,o=email,dc=myhosting,dc=exampl
mail=you@???,o=domain1.example,o=email,dc=myhosting,dc=examp
le

and finally used a manualroute redirector from exim to direct the mail
to the right place:

hubbed_hosts:
  debug_print = "R: hubbed_hosts for $domain"
  driver = manualroute
  route_data = ${lookup\
ldap{ldap://LDAPSERVER/o=$domain,LDAPBASE?postalcode}}
  transport = remote_smtp
  condition = ${lookup\
ldap{ldap://LDAPSERVER/o=$domain,LDAPBASE?mail?sub?\
    (mail=$local_part@$domain)} {yes} {no}}
  no_more

nb LDAPSSERVER = ipaddress
LDAPBASE = o=email,dc=myhosting,dc=example

Probably better solutions out there but the above should be a start for
you.

Pat