[exim] Exim migration

Autor: Pat Hastings
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Exim migration
HI,

We are migrating over to a new mail system running exim from a windows
server.

We will have two exim boxes one as a gateway server and the second as
the main server also running imap, pop3 and webmail.
We plan to bring the gateway server online a day before the migration so
that all emails are delivered there before being routed onto the windows
server.

During the migration the plan is to set the forwarding ip address to one
which we control but which we know does not have an smtp server on.

When the migration is finished (about 8 hours) the plan is to set the
forwarding ip address to the new mailserver. This should then allow the
all the emails to be delivered.

I expect there to be about 50,000 emails queued on the gateway server by
the end of the migration.

Is there anything that I have missed. We have confirmed there is enough
disk space available and for the period of the migration I am going to
reset the retry period to every half hour.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Pat

---
[This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your responsibility
to maintain up to date anti virus software on the device that you are
currently using to read this email. ]