Re: [exim] testing for availability of a host in RCPT ACL

Author: Chris Lightfoot
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] testing for availability of a host in RCPT ACL
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 03:26:09PM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2006, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> >
> > What I'd like in this case is for the verify = recpient
> > condition to result in a failure with an appropriate value
> > in $recipient_verify_failure or somewhere else that I can
> > test it. Is there a way to do this?
>
> There's a hacky way to do this using ACL variables to store the result
> of the verify when it gives a definite result, and the warn condition to
> stop the defer from propagating. Something like:

thanks for that -- will give this a go later. It has the
unhappy property that it could do the callout twice, of
course; in the common case (primary is up) I could
presumably suppress that by adding

      condition = ${if ne{DESTINATION}{accept} }

to this clause:

--
``We had about 300 people come up here to look and I was told by the sheriff
not to let anyone touch it, see. So I guarded it. But everyone was well