Re: [exim] relay_from_hosts help

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] relay_from_hosts help
Tuesday 23 May 2006 22:57 Mark Menzies wrote:
> I have the following set in my config:
>
> hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : x.x.x.160/29
>
> with the subnet belonging to me. I am led to believe that this is the
> best way to limit access to my server but I have hit this problem.
>
> When I start my server, I can access the mail and even send mail over
> command line from ANY host. Mail is accepted and delivered fine.
>
> Is there another setting I need to configure along with the
> relay_from_hosts? Is this in any way related to the acl_check_rcpt
> settings too?

Yes, the relay_from_hosts hostlist in itself does nothing, it's just the list
of hosts that are allowed to relay in the default configuration. It is
referenced in the acl_check_rcpt acl of the default config:

  accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
          control       = submission

If the "hostlist relay_from_hosts" line is the only thing you have changed,
you should be safe. Are you saying that you can telnet in to port 25 of your
server from any host on the internet and send mail to any domain?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)