Re: [exim] How can I get Exim to register itself on a mailho…

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How can I get Exim to register itself on a mailhost?
On Sun, 21 May 2006 14:26:21 +0200, Ketil Vestby <ketil@???>
wrote:
>To use Exim as a mail sending system, I need to make Exim register
>itself at a mailhost for outgoing email, the mailhost is accepting plain
>SMTP messages without any problems, as long as the user register at the
>host.

When you say "register", you actually mean "authenticate".

>When inserting target.mail.server.example (smtp.domeneshop.no) in
>/etc/exim4/passwd.client, this is the result:

Insert lakepoint.domeneshop.no into passwd.client. You're a victim of
Debian bug #244724, which is waiting for a new lookup to be
implemented in exim.

Greetings
Marc