Re: [exim] Outgoing Mail

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Outgoing Mail
Tuesday 23 May 2006 14:22 Grant Peel wrote:
> I have several working installation of Exim and all is well.
>
> I was wondering though, how does one configure Exim to send outgoing email
> as the virtual host it is being sent from as oppsed to the actual host?
>
> If it matters, each virtual host has its own ip and unixuser assiciated
> with it.

A similar question was raised recently and the recommendation was: you don't.
Most users won't notice the difference anyway.

If you really want to, it's the helo_data and interface options of the smtp
transport you have to fiddle with. But choosing an identity for the server
isn't always trivial. It *could* happen, for example, that a message with
multiple recipients is routed through different virtual hosts to some
addresses at the same (external) domain, and Exim normally delivers all
copies in the same connection.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)