Re: [exim] BATV & SPF

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Meadors
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] BATV & SPF
On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 19:25 +0200, David Saez Padros wrote:
> Hi !!
>
> Just playing with BATV i noticed that it could conflict with
> some (mine in that case) SPF setups. If i publish SPF records
> like "v=spf1 redirect=%{l}._spf.ols.es" which use the local part
> of the envelope sender to generate a new dns request then batv
> encoded addresses like prvs=david/0297929b3b@??? produce a
> dns query on prvs=david/0297929b3b._spf.ols.es which include
> two forbiden charactes (= and /) I noticed that some implementations
> will just use david/0297929b3b._spf.ols.es for the query but this
> also includes the forbiden character "/" Taking apart the obvious
> problem with %{l} (allowed email characters do not match dns allowed
> characters), it will be nice to be able to change the way exim
> generates batv signatures

I've had servers reject my MAIL FROM: addresses because they don't like
the '=' or '/' either. Now that is pretty stupid of them to tell me
what I can or can't use in my own addresses. The BATV draft did specify
those characters. Probably because they were not commonly used in local
parts. The problem becomes that valid hostname character: [a-z], [0-9]
and '-' are found very often in local parts. So how would one encode a
BATV signature in a way it could easily be parsed back out of the
complete address while only using those characters?