Re: [exim] How to verify and authenticate only for outgoing …

Author: Lekshmi A. R
Subject: Re: [exim] How to verify and authenticate only for outgoing mail
I also wanted to configure exim so that even authorised senders should not be able to fake their mail ids.

In AUTHENTICATION CONFIGURATION, I gave the following entries.

login:
        driver = plaintext
        public_name = LOGIN
        server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
        server_condition = "${if pwcheck{$1:$2}{1}{0}}"

and in ACL CONFIGURATION, the following entries.

require verify    = sender
          condition = ${if eq{$sender_address_data}{$authenticated_id} {yes} {no} }

Evem then I am able to send mails from fake addresses. How to check this.

Lekshmi A. R.
Computer Programmer
DCG, DIT
Canara Bank