Re: [exim] greylistd problems

Autor: Doug Jolley
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] greylistd problems
> Have you tried turning on all the debugging to see if Exim is having
> problems communicating with greylistd?

Thanks, Tony. That got me over THE major hurdle. (Why in the world didn't
I think of that?) Anyway, the problem was that Exim didn't have permissions
to access the socket. So, as a temporary fix only for the purpose of
seeing if it works, I temporarily set the permissions on the socket to 666.
That seemed to cure the problem. Now all I need to do is to figure out what
the permanent fix should be for this socket permissions problem. I tried
including Exim in the greylistd group. That didn't seem to work and I'm not
sure that's a good idea anyway. Anyone have any suggestions on how I should
fix this? BTW, the original permissions on the socket were 660.

Thanks for any further input and a special thank you to you, Tony, for
getting me pointed in the right direction.

       ... doug