Re: [exim] commandline operation? ie. --help gone?

Autor: Casey Allen Shobe
A: exim-users
CC: Vincent Danen
Assumpte: Re: [exim] commandline operation? ie. --help gone?
On Friday 19 May 2006 16:56, Vincent Danen wrote:
> Probably, but that might be more challenging... =) Considering that it
> would actually have to change source code and not just generate a
> manpage, it would be a little more interesting. Doable, probably, but
> more interesting.

I think that's the only way to go. You could also consider this: if you go
from the reference manual you could gleam categories of options from there,
and then --help could simply return a list of "type one of the following for
more help: --help-queue, --help-debug, --help-daemon..." (or whatever, I'm
just making some up at random). and then have a few sub pages.

I personally quite like the man page for looking up commandline options,
haven't ever actually used the reference manual for that (but there's no
substitute for the full reference when editing the conf).

Cheers,
--
Casey Allen Shobe | cshobe@??? | 206-381-2800
SeattleServer.com, Inc. | http://www.seattleserver.com