Re: [exim] The demine ACL rule

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] The demine ACL rule
Wednesday 17 May 2006 13:17, Dermot Paikkos wrote:
> Yes I guess I should have said mail originating from the local
> subnet.
>
> I am using a split config and there is a file in conf.d/acl/40_exim4-
> config_check_data which contains all the demime stuff.
>
> At the very top I have put
>
>     accept hosts = 127.0.0.1:+relay_from_hosts

Don't you have 127.0.0.1 in relay_from_hosts?

> I think this has done the trick. Sending attachments seems to be a
> bit quicker from the MUA then it was before. The MUAs would stop at
> 97% for a while before. Exim still rejects mail with exe's and other
> barred file extensions.
>
> Does that seem a acceptable way to do it?

Should be. However, I forgot to say that the demime condition is deprecated.
Unfortunately, the replacement (acl_smtp_mime) is, while more powerful, also
more complicated and can't do all the checks that demime does, yet.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)