[exim] LDAP group questions

Author: Lewis Thompson
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] LDAP group questions
Hi,

These questions are fairly specific to LDAP NIS stuff. I hope I'm
asking in the right place here... it seems more Exim than LDAP ;)

My LDAP setup is fairly regular:

ou=Groups stores posixGroups
ou=People stores posixAccounts

Setting up aliases for posixGroups is easy. Setting up aliases for a
user's default group is more complicated because they are members only
by having gidNumber, not through actually being listed in the group.

Currently I have a horrendous default group query (deliberately not
split up):

${lookup ldapm { user=x pass=x ldaps:///ou=People,dc=test,dc=com?uid?sub?(gidNumber=${lookup ldap { user=x pass=x ldaps:///ou=Group,dc=test,dc=com?gidNumber?sub?(cn=$local_part)}}) }}

This uses a nested query, which is not great, but it works.

My question is what is the best way to allow emailing both types of
groups? Should I just create a second router for groups where the
members are listed directly, or is there a good way to have a single
router?

Many thanks,

-Lewis Thompson.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:lewiz@??? | jabber:lewiz@??? | url:www.lewiz.org |-