Re: [exim] Integrating URI Blacklists into Exim

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: Brent Clark
CC: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Integrating URI Blacklists into Exim

Brent Clark wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> I rejected 20,000 messages yesterday using this and so far no
>> complaints. It's the best improvement I've made in a long time.
>>

> Hi
>
> Silly question, cause you probally know / do it, but are you using sender / callback verification.
>
> I find that 90% of my spam blocking gets handled by this, and then after that im reliant on Dspam.

I'm blocking around 2 million spams a day. Yes - I do sender
verification. I also use Spamhaus. And there are a few dozen other
tricks I use to weed out spam up front. I was already blocking over 95%
of spam up front. I think I'm up o 98% now. So this new trick took a
huge bite out of the remaining spam that I process with Spam Assassin.
Right now I think that most all the messages I run through SA are
nonspam. I'm trying to figure out ways to ID nonspam in ACLs to reduce
SA load.