Re: [exim] SSL/TLS connections not possible (Urgent)

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Yves Goergen
Para: Chris Lear
CC: exim-users, John Burnham
Asunto: Re: [exim] SSL/TLS connections not possible (Urgent)
On 17.05.2006 16:15 (+0100), Chris Lear wrote:
>> You've probably already checked this, but can the user exim is running as read
>> the key and certificate ? I've seen people caught out because a directory above
>> where these files were stored denied access to the exim user.

It can read the certificate, just checked with sudo.

> Or, possibly, have you been over-permissive? I think openSSL will refuse
> to do certain things if key or certificate files are world-writable, for
> example. But the error message is a bit cryptic if that's the case.

No, I don't think so. It has always been like this and as I said, other
apps using the same libssl work. The certificate can only be read by
root and members of an ssl system group but not written to (via
filesystem ACL) which the mail user belongs to.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>
http://beta.unclassified.de – My web laboratory.