Re: [exim] Integrating URI Blacklists into Exim

Author: Dmitry G. Golub
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Integrating URI Blacklists into Exim
Dear colleguas,

Marc Perkel writes:

> David Saez Padros wrote:
>> Hi !!

>> Anyway i also would like to see something similar integrated in
>> Exim that could handle url de-obfuscation and call a 'url_acl'
>> so each found url could be tested separatelly.
>
> Great minds think alike. How about it Phil? I think it's a must have
> feature .... :)

I think it is a bad idea. Let Exim be the great MTA, and not anti-spammer
software like SpamAssassin. 'One package for all' is not the best philosophy,
an example is MS Exchange :-)

For this spam-filtering approach to work, there must be Base64 and
Quoted-Printable decoding of message body integrated into Exim, and URL
de-obfuscation code, and URL recognition code (with or without 'proto://'
prefix)... This is simply not MTA job.

Sorry for my poor English, but I'm constantly learning myself.
--
WBR, Dmitry