Re: [exim] The demine ACL rule

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dermot Paikkos
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] The demine ACL rule
On 17 May 2006 at 13:04, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > Exim 4.5 (Debian) with SA-Exim.
> >
> > I have the following test in my conf/acl file
> >
> > deny message = Serious MIME defect detected ($demime_reason)
> > demime = *
> > condition = ${if >{$demime_errorlevel}{2}{1}{0}}
> >
> > I am by no means an expert but I strongly suspect all mail is being
> > demimed.
>
> Unless you explicitly make exceptions, that's correct.
>
> > I would like to modify my config so that only incoming mail is
> > scanned. I think I need to use a +relay_from_hosts rule.
>
> The term "incoming" is a bit of a misnomer. To Exim, all mail is
> "incoming" first, then gets routed and finally delivered, during which
> phase its "outgoing". What you are talking about is more of "incoming
> mail from unknown/external sources".
>
> > Does it look like all mail is scanned. Is it possible to make this
> > conditional on to a subnet? Can anyone give me some pointers on how
> > I can skip scanning of local mail?
>
> Just read chapter 39 thoroughly. But you seem to be on the right way;
> a simple
>
> !hosts = +relay_from_hosts
>
> before the "demime = *" line above should suffice, if the hostlist
> relay_from_hosts has been set to your internal net, which is also the
> set of hosts that is allowed to relay.
>
> I have a sub-ACL which returns accept for authenticated users and
> local networks, then use that in multiple places where known users are
> to be treated differently, to make the main ACL rules simpler.

Thanx Magnus

Yes I guess I should have said mail originating from the local
subnet.

I am using a split config and there is a file in conf.d/acl/40_exim4-
config_check_data which contains all the demime stuff.

At the very top I have put

    accept hosts = 127.0.0.1:+relay_from_hosts

I think this has done the trick. Sending attachments seems to be a
bit quicker from the MUA then it was before. The MUAs would stop at
97% for a while before. Exim still rejects mail with exe's and other
barred file extensions.

Does that seem a acceptable way to do it?
Thanx.
Dp.