Re: [exim] Am I an open relay or aren't I?

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users, Daniel
Subject: Re: [exim] Am I an open relay or aren't I?
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Anyhow - one of my tricks. Create a third MX that is higher than the
> other two. Then add this ACL
>
> defer    log_message = Spammer Connected to FAKE highest MX record
>         condition = ${if
> match{$interface_address}{69.50.231.7}{true}{false}}

Not wishing to be pedantic, but it's not a fake record, it's a real
one. Also it's perfectly possible that it's not a spammer, but a host
that is having trouble reaching your primary MX. You logic assumes that
a spammer will always and only try the lowest priority MX record, that's
unlikely to be universally correct.

Regards

--

Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus