Re: [exim] Must $home be prepended to relative directories i…

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Must $home be prepended to relative directories in Exim filters?
Wednesday 10 May 2006 12:20 skrev Marc Sherman:
> Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > Well, hmm, I can set file = $home/../.forward, so it saves me from
> > typing "Maildir/", but I'm still not completely satisfied.
>
> You should ask for your money back.

I know it sounds picky, but I'm just trying to achieve some neatness.

More conretely, it would be neat if I could write

save "Bärs/Budweiser"

in my .formward, and it would be automagically transformed
into /home/magnus/Maildir/.B&AOQ-rs.Budweiser/ (the modified UTF-7 can be
taken care of with ${perl} for now). It's much more difficult to transform
just the right part if $home is always prepended.

But my main point is that it's always possible to get the current behaviour by
setting file or directory to ${if eq{${length_1:$address_file}}{/}
{$address_file}{$home/$address_file}} in the transport. The reverse isn't
possible. Therefore, and because paths in Sieve filters don't automatically
get $home prepended, an option not to automatically prepend $home is
warranted. It should be simple to implement too.

--
Magnus Holmgren
holmgren@???