Re: [exim] Testing sending hosts open ports

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: listrcv
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Testing sending hosts open ports
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Just wondering how to do this. I'd like to test to see if the sending
> host at port 25 open. Would this be a good way to detect spammers? Would
> a host sending email to my host not have port 25 open to receive email?

Won't you rather want to check the host that is supposed to accept mail
for the sender of a message than the host sending it? If so, you can do
that by using callout verification --- which would be better since it
actually tells if mail to the sender would be accepted, while just an
open port 25 doesn't tell you that.

Otherwise, I think it could be done by employing some external program
or script to do the check.

GH