Re: [exim] Testing sending hosts open ports

Author: Richard Clayton
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Testing sending hosts open ports
In message <4460F123.6010901@???>, Marc Perkel <marc@???>
writes

>Just wondering how to do this. I'd like to test to see if the sending
>host at port 25 open. Would this be a good way to detect spammers?

no, it would be dumb

> Would
>a host sending email to my host not have port 25 open to receive email?

too many negatives there for me to parse, so I'll make a firm statement

"the world is full of machines that are legitimate senders of email
which do not accept incoming email on port 25"

- --
richard                                                   Richard Clayton

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov 1755