Re: [exim] Favorite Blacklists Survey

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Marilyn Davis
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Favorite Blacklists Survey
Marilyn Davis wrote:
> host smtp.secureserver.net [64.202.166.12]: 553 Attack detected. <http://unblock.secureserver.net/?ip=66.218.47.177>
>
> They have deliberate.com blacklisted and not one spam has ever come
> out of deliberate.com, since I'm the only user and I have nothing to
> sell. Otherwise, this ip runs email lists where only the addresses on
> the lists can send mail to the lists. And we run email-based polls.
> So one voter can not get his vote receipt.
>
> And, I filled in their unblock web form and still I'm blacklisted
> .. for a few weeks now.

I don't believe that secureserver.net is a valid domain for email. I have
noticed a bunch of domains used in attempted spammings that use them as
their name server (and I've blacklisted everyone). Turns out they are
parking websites. www.secureserver.net is non-existant (redirects to
http://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/404error.asp. www.securepaynet.net also
redirects to that same page)

Got Gas???