Re: [exim] Plain Auth not working

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Plain Auth not working
alwayssend wrote:
> HI, I have searched exim wiki a full day but no appropriate solution
> found. The problem is that exim 4.2 is working fine with LOGIN AUTH
> but when i am trying to add PLAIN AUTH, it gives this error. '435
> unable to authenticate at present'. Can any body tell me that where i
> am Wrong. or there is some thing wrong with the code. The domain is
> alwayssend.com
>
> Help will be much much appreciated.

You're using an entirely different SQL query for plain auth. That seems
wrong. Plain should be identical to login, except that all the $authN
variables are incremented by 1 for PLAIN (ie: in LOGIN, $auth1 is user
name, $auth2 is password, while in PLAIN, $auth2 is user name, $auth3 is
password).

You should read chapters 33 and 34 of the spec:
http://exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/ch33.html
http://exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/ch34.html

- Marc