Re: [exim] Error 501: From address does not include your hos…

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Error 501: From address does not include your host name
Sunday 07 May 2006 22:23 skrev Cédric MARCOUX (sprimont):
> Hi!
>
> Finally after this long time, still no tricks for this issue???

The "best" thing you can do is probably to set ignore_bounce_errors_after = 0s
and silently forget about undeliverable bounce messages. If others can't
receive bounces, it's their problem.

However, the error message seems to indicate that they require the envelope
sender (MAIL FROM: address) to include the connecting host's hostname or the
EHLO name. If that's the case, then they are truly lost.

--
Magnus Holmgren
holmgren@???